Christmas was fun while it lasted but now that the holiday is over, it’s time to face reality again and return to college on Monday.
As some of you may be hesitant to leave behind the days of sleeping in and eating endless boxes of Roses, Celebrations and Quality Street’s, we have 5 tips to share with you that will make the transition back to college a little bit easier.
- Healthy eating: Eat a well balanced diet. This will help you to stay motivated and focused in lectures.
Try bringing your lunch to college instead of picking up a bar in the SU shop. Why not prepare your dinners for the week instead of calling Domino’s.
Check out Aldi’s ‘Back to College’ section on their website for some recipes and weekly meal plan ideas, all for under €35!
- Get into a good routine: Go to bed early and wake up feeling fresh and ready for the college day ahead.
Try putting your phone/laptop down 30 minutes before you go to bed and read a book instead. You will be surprised at the difference it will make.
- Do some exercise: Join the gym or take some classes. Even if you start walking from the concourse to Corrib Village or Dangan carpark instead of taking the bus. The fresh air and exercise will do you the world of good.
- Set yourself some goals for Semester 2: They may be college goals such as attending more lectures and scoring higher grades in your summer exams, or personal goals such as taking up a new hobby.
- Get Involved: NUI Galway’s Socs Day 2 is happening on Wednesday 13th of January in the Bailey Allen Hall. NUI Galway’s Clubs Day 2 is on Thursday 14th of January, also in the Bailey Allen Hall. Why not try something new, get volunteering and take up a hobby. This is a great way to pass the time and to make new friends.
Posted by Leanne Dunne